Ridge and Valley Storytelling Guild, Inc.
Please fill out this online form to register as a contestant in one of our contests:
• the 241st Annual Big Fibbers Contest™, March 17, 2017
• the 2016 Debby Brown YoungTales™ Story Contest, March 18, 2017
Should you be chosen as a finalist you must be able to compete in person at the contest and should you win your contest, perform again at the Big Fibbers™ Showcase on the evening of March 18, 2016. See facebook.com/bigfibbers for further information about the festival schedule.
18 or older (Big Fibbers™ Contest)
17 or younger (Debby Brown YoungTales Competition)
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Republic of the Congo
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
A little about yourself for your introduction:
Tell a general idea of the story you plan to tell. If it is a version of a traditional tale let us know. We would like to avoid duplication.
Rules for Fibbers
(and YoungTales tellers)
1. Each contest is open to anyone with a tale to tell as long as you agree to ‘bide by the rules!
2. What the judges say, goes. Period. Watch out on facebook.com/bigfibbers to find out if you are gonna get to tell your tale at the contest.
3. The tale’s gotta be your’n. Now, it might a been started by granny or Uncle George or anybody else. It might be a tale passed down for generations. It mighta started in a book or a record you heard. BUT you gotta make sure you’ve got your own special way of telling it. It’s gotta be your’n.
4. You can’t just keep a’droning on. Keep it from three to eight minutes or you’ll get the hook! Five minutes‘d be about perfect.
5. No cussin’. No fussin’. This is a family event and the judges will have a big cake of lye soap for washing out mouths if necessary.
6. You gotta show up in person (Big Fibbers - 7 p.m., March 17, 2017; YoungTales, 2 p.m., March 18, 2017). And if you win it all you get to tell your tale all over again at the Big Fibbers™ Showcase, 8 p.m., March 18, 2016, and bask in the glory.
7. Ridge & Valley Storytelling Guild, Inc. holds all rights to any audio or video recording of your performance at the Big Fibbers™ Festival, including every dime the guild can make off selling cds, dvds, downloaded files, transcripts and such.
8. Big Fibbers™ have to be 18 or older. Young Fibbers™ can't be any older'n 17.
9. Let’s all have a time! That’s the way our founder, Debby Brown, would want us to carry on.
I spit-swear or pinky-promise that I qualify and will abide by these rules.
Do Not Fill This Out